Randy Pensinger - Software Engineer
Not actually considering.
Considering holistic software engineering opportunities.
- Code design (object-oriented, functional) and code quality (test driven development, unit tests)
- Problem solving, performance tuning, troubleshooting and communication
- Hiring, training and mentoring
- Technology team leadership
- MySQL/Postgres administration
- React SPA development and deploymenent
- Pager duty, incident response
- AWS & Unix administration, Docker deployment
- Message queue & data stream application development (Kinesis, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- JVM scripting languages (Jython, Clojure)
- Data visualization
- Postgres GIS database
- JNI, C++, C
Senior Software Engineer & Tech Team Lead: March 2016 - Present
Improvements to exchange SPA, ad serving, and reporting infrastructure. Leadership for machine learning team (ad ranking, campaign optimization, publisher optimizations, forecasting). Assisted with acquisitions (Health/Life/Medicare). Assisted with integrations (publisher, advertiser).
Senior Software Engineer: September 2013 – January 2015
Co-authored Managed Data service (master data management), Published Data service (aggregates, search indices, denormalizations). SQL migrations and query tuning. Optimized landing page, search, and seo page load performance. Assisted in VPC Migration, build & release engineering, dev-ops and pager duty.
Senior Software Engineer: December 2011 – August 2013
Assisted development and usage of GLM, Restricted-Boltzmann, K-Means. Authored calculation log, model summary UI, model drift detection tools. Assisted in model creation optimizations.
Software Engineer: August 2011 - December 2011
Re-implemented client-facing game/server availability API for youtube launch.
Software Engineer: December 2009 – July 2011
Developed tax calculation API and tax return generation. Authored streamlined sales tax integration. Authored sales in-house tax jurisdiction resolution. Re-wrote web console. Briefly lead team during leadership transition.
Stanford University, BS Computer Science Graduated: June 14 2009 GPA: 3.337